Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Things Utah/Time out for Women

I know its been a few weeks since this, but on September 12, Jake and our nephew Nate were able to go on Good Things Utah to promote Nate's school hero program, and the 5k run that our sister-in-law Cindy put together. Nate had to choose a hero and he chose Jake as his hero. What a great kid Nate is! Don't let Jake forget about the candy he still owes you Nate. I love Good Things Utah, so it was fun to go and watch. Doesn't Jake look like a hottie in his uniform!!
After Good Things Utah, all the girls in Jake's family met and we went to Logan for the weekend to go to Time Out for Women. We had such a good time, and I love getting together with all of them. Time out for women is an evening and a day full of speakers and musical talent. Friday night we heard James Ferrell the author of The Peacegiver, and The Holy Secret. Also Jenny Oaks Baker who is a violinist. She was amazing, and if you haven't read The Peacegiver, it is a must read. I'm still reading The Holy Secret. Also Kenneth Cope(an LDS artist) sang Friday night and Saturday. Saturday was a day full of women speakers, who all did a very good job. It was a very uplifting weekend, and we are all looking forward to another one!
This is all of us with Kenneth Cope. Angie, Kelli, Steph, me, Cindy, Patty, and Janie. I love you girls and am so grateful that you are all a part of my life. Thanks for all the good times we always have together.


2 comments:

L and T said...

Hey I went to Time out for women in Vegas last weekend, cool huh?

Lisa said...

Well I can't say Jake looks like a hottie Sarah but he does look like a freakin great home teacher to me:) Looks like you had lots of fun!