Thursday, September 4, 2008

11 years



11 Years ago today, was probably one of the worst days of my life!! It was the day my mom passed away. She died 6 months after I got married, and I became so close to her in those 6 months. I would go over everyday on my lunch, and she would have something for us to eat, or we would go get something, I was able to take her to her chemo treatments and spend time with her there. My mom also had Jake and I over for dinner every night. I guess she just couldn't stand the thought of having 1 less child at home to take care of! Just a few weeks before she passed away, she fell down the stairs of our basement apartment, and broke her foot. It took a few days for me to convince her to go to the E.R. Finally I got her to go and I remember she wouldn't tell them that she had cancer because it was none of their business! I thought for sure it was something you would have to tell them. This was just how my mom was. She didn't want anyone to worry about her. She was the most amazing person!! She was not selfish and she cared about and loved everyone!! It seems like the time goes by so fast, and every day I wish she were here!! It never really gets easy having someone you love not here, and the hurt never goes away! There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of this wonderful woman and what an example she was to me. She was kind and fun to be around, she had a great sense of humor, and she was willing to do anything for anyone!! I wish that she were here to be a grandma-she would have loved it. I know she was taken from us for a reason, but it still doesn't seem fair that she can't be here!! I love you mom, and miss you more than anyone can imagine!

5 comments:

Eric Satterthwaite said...

Sarah, thanks for this post, it reminds me of what a great woman she was. She is sorely missed. As a kid I always looked forward to recieving a birthday card from her every single year with sticks of gum in it for me and my siblings. She was so selfless, caring to all and lots of fun to be around with her positive attitude and great sense of humor. Thanks again Sarah.
Eric

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I love your family picture. I loved your Mom like my own- what an amazing person she was and still is in so many people's lives.I cannot believe time still continues on no matter the loss of our loved one's what an amazing person. I love Cheryl Jean..

L and T said...

I always think of you and your mom this time of year.
I want to be a mom like yours, chill relaxed, loved having tons and tons of teens at her house or in her wagon.
What a neat tribute to Cheryl.

Cin's Fam said...

Sarah, that was a beautiful tribute to your mom. She is dang of proud of you. You are just like her. She was great example and now her legacy lives on through you and this awesome family you are raising. You have been such an answer to my prayers with everything I have been through. I picture our moms sitting together talking about how much they miss us. This tribute brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful to have you in my family. I'm sorry I didn't realize the day when we talked the other day. Please forgive me. I thought it was the 7th. You are an amzing girl. Who has made your momma proud. Love Ya!

Eryn White said...

Sarah, that was beautiful. I never knew your mom but I feel like I know her through you. You are the most amazing person I've ever met, and I know you got your kindness and strength from your mother. You are the greatest example of how a mother should be, I hope someday I can be half the mother that you are! Love ya! Eryn